Sunday, May 31, 2020

Dolphin Emulator and PCSX2 Copr repositories for Fedora Linux

In the times of yore I compiled and packaged a few emulators for various versions of Fedora Linux. Now days I've found people who do a way better job than I and update far more often than I could ever have. Two of the more popular emulators I maintained were the Playstation 2 emulator PCSX2 and the Nintendo Gamecube/Wii emulator Dolphin Emu. I hadn't built a package for quite awhile as I'd been using the flatpak versions of each. As time went on the flatpaks weren't being updated as often as I'd have liked. Not a real complaint as I was grateful both were available at all. I wanted to mess with newer features being sync'd to the git repositories. I could have gone back to building them myself but I'd grown quite lazy. I did some google'ing around and happened upon Copr repositories for both programs. The respective repositories are built on an almost nightly basis and have been of mostly stable quality so far. Both emulators are packaged by Copr user victoroliveira.

The PCSX2 Copr repo can be found at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/victoroliveira/pcsx2-git/ . There are full instructions for setting the the dnf source at the above address. Pay close attention to the part about 32-bit PCSX2 on 64-bit Fedora otherwise you won't get the emulator installed.

Dolphin Emu's Copr repository is located at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/victoroliveira/dolphin-emu-git/ . If you like you can visit the Copr site for full instructions. Or you can configure and install Dolphin Emu using the following two commands.

sudo dnf copr enable victoroliveira/dolphin-emu-git
sudo dnf install dolphin-emu-git

I've installed both of these emulators and they run very well on my system. Thanks, Victoroliveira.

No comments:

Post a Comment