Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ubuntu 13.04 Saucy & PCSX2

My memory isn't so good anymore. So as a note to myself below is the Ubuntu PPA and install commands for the excellent Playstation 2 emulator, PCSX2. I installed it under 13.10 (saucy), but I had to lie to the sources file and say I was 13.04 (raring). PCSX2 is written for 32-bit systems but when you install it on 64-bit it downloads and installs the 32-bit libraries needed to run it.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable

2 comments:

  1. Does this use gamepads? This just might be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, It can use game pads. The only downside is it takes a insanely powerful machine to get a good frame rate. Mine doesn't even make the cut 100% of the time. The Playstation2 is a pretty beefy machine to emulate with all it's custom chips.

    ReplyDelete