DCUO - Quick and dirty info about Exobit hunting
What they are
- Exobits are a type of profession material used in DC Universe Online (DCUO) to create gear modifications. Modifications are used to raise the combat rating and add extra stats to your gear.
- 2 pack of R&D scanners, Purchased from the DCUO marketplace for 100 points (about $1.00)
- 1/2 hour of time (2x 15 minute intervals)
- They randomly spawn all over Gotham, Metropolis and Central City. Gotham seems to be the best place to hunt as the overall tone of the landscape is darker. The Exobits really stand out in the darkness with their rainbow color scheme.
- Exobits like to hide out in nooks and crannies of buildings. They are also fond of rooftops between and around air conditioner units.
- Alleyways and the riverfronts are another favorite spot for Exobits.
- Try to avoid the parking garages and construction sites, even though there will always be 3 or 4 Exobits detected in them it's hard to tell what floor they are on. It takes a lot of time to search 5 floors for one Exobite.
- Avoid quest areas as the more fights you get into the less time you have for hunting. Remember you are paying real money for the R&D scanner, you'll want to make the most of your time to maximize the hunting intake.
- Avoid PVP phase while hunting. Use the phase shifter to go into PVE phase to avoid player confrontation. Remember you are paying real money for the R&D scanner, you'll want to make the most of your time to maximize the hunting intake.
Which travel spec
- Super speed, hands down. Flight is cumbersome while gathering, but if you're a skilled flyer you'll be OK. Acrobatics are slower but more versatile than the other two. Acrobatics' zip cord is really nice for ascending buildings, but super speed wins out for raw movement rate. The faster you move the more Exobits you can collect. I conducted all my tests on a nature powered character in wolf form for the super speed. While not the fastest form of super speed it edged out my other travel forms for hunting speed.